Sunday, November 23, 2008

final post 2


This week I started to actually do the digital painting. I new the basic colors I wanted for my background which were pretty obvious. The hard part was figuring out what colors I wanted to use for my dinosaurs. The only thing I knew was that I wanted them to be fairly brightly colored. I figured I also wanted one of the dinosaurs to be mainly a cooler color and the other to be a warmer color. After playing a around with different color schemes I figured I wanted the T Rex to be cool because I wanted my Armargasaurus to be hot pinkish and lime green color. That only left to figure out what colors to make the T Rex now. I started off with a dark, rich purple color with a bright yellow underneath. It turned out not quite bright enough to me so I decided on probably doing a bluish color. I stuck with a basic yellow bottom but I made it a little less bright. I then picked a red for the T Rex’s crests and plated scales along his feat because they stand out bright against the blue. I have now basically completed all my base colors and prepared myself for completing details over the next week.


No comments: